How can manufacturers of roofing and PV products benefit from RISE?
Roof Integrated Solar Energy (RISE) evaluates and certifies solar energy installers for knowledge regarding critical roof construction and maintenance practices necessary to support successful rooftop solar energy.
Redefining the industry's role in solar energy
RISE and the Certified Solar Roofing Professional (CSRP) credential program benefits roofing and PV product manufacturers by:
- Differentiating your brand recognition to building owners, design professionals, and the entire roofing and solar industries
- Providing a tool that helps manage risks and liabilities associated with warranty programs
- Enhancing relationships with roofing professionals by improving approved contractor programs
- Providing a reference to published industry best practices for integrating roof and PV system components
- Helping to ensure long-term system performance that results in more satisfied building owners
- Demanding a higher standard for all rooftop solar installations
- Increasing the number of successful rooftop solar installations
- Promoting healthier roofing and solar industries by differentiating those who understand how to integrate those systems with the roof safely and efficiently
Taking an integrated approach
The CSRP credential evaluates whether candidates have the underlying knowledge required for successful roof-mounted PV system installationsone that recognizes the importance of both the roof system and the PV system for a building's value and uninterrupted use. The credential does not attempt to convert roofing professionals into electricians or PV system engineers.
Candidates will be asked to demonstrate basic knowledge about different PV system types and key components, benefits and risks applicable to building owners, maintaining system warranties, responsible selling of integrated roof and PV systems, PV systems' integration with a building's electrical system, installation guidelines, building codes and post-installation considerations.