To be eligible for RISE CSRP certification, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Meet prerequisites of related experience and training or education
- Complete an application form with appendices that document you meet the requirements
- Sign a code of ethics and professional conduct
- Pay applicable fees
- Pass a written exam
A. Four Eligibility Tracks
The RISE board of directors has identified four eligibility tracks. To qualify to take the RISE CSRP examination, you must demonstrate you meet at least one of the following minimum entry requirement tracks:
- Three years' experience installing roof systems as a roofing contractor or employee of a roofing contractor in addition to completing 40 hours of recognized education or training. You must currently be or within the 12 months previous to submitting the application form have been employed in a qualifying role.
- Three years' experience providing technical roof system consulting services that include a minimum of five installed roof system projects in addition to completing 40 hours of recognized training program(s). You must currently be or within the 12 months previous to submitting the application form have been employed in a qualifying role.
- Three years' experience and a minimum of five projects installing commercial and residential roof-mounted PV systems in addition to completing 40 hours of recognized education or training. You must currently be or within the 12 months previous to submitting the application form have been employed in a qualifying role.
- Two- or four-year construction-related degree from a college or university accredited by an accrediting agency or state approval agency recognized by the U.S. secretary of education. In addition, you must complete 40 hours of recognized education or training.
B. Education or Training
All candidates must complete a minimum of 40 hours of education or training covering any aspect(s) of the competencies listed in the CSRP Job Task Analysis. The CSRP Job Task Analysis describes the essential knowledge, skills and abilities required for individuals that plan and oversee the installation of roof-mounted PV systems.
You should be aware that the certification exam is at a level whereby additional education and training will likely be necessary for most candidates to achieve a passing score. You are encouraged to assess your personal experience and education and seek training that will help ensure your knowledge is comprehensive regarding the competencies published in the CSRP Job Task Analysis.
For more information about requirements, download a comprehensive definition of experience, training, and qualified educational institutions.
Verifying Employment, Experience and Education
The RISE board of directors reserves the right to contact employers, building owners and operators, and training and education providers to verify employment, experience and education submitted on the application form.